My Blog List

Jio Extened Welcome offer to 31st March, Limits Daily use to 1GB per Day

Jio today announced the launch of ‘Jio Happy New Year Offer (“JNO”)’, which will be effective from 4 December 2016. All the Jio subscribers will be entitled to certain special benefits under the JNO, which shall comprise of Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and the full bouquet of Jio applications and content, absolutely free, up to 31 March 2017. During this offer period, Jio and Jio customers, will be able to continue the journey of co-creating and building the best network experience together.

The benefits will be available to all subscribers signing up for Jio services up to 3 March 2017. The existing Jio Welcome Offer (“JWO’) users will continue to enjoy the unlimited benefits under JWO up to 31 December 2016, following which they would be automatically signed-up for the JNO as well. Details of the JNO are available on ‘’.

Considering 80% of Jio subscribers use up to 1 GB of data daily, while the remaining 20% use disproportionately more data, Jio has limited the high-speed-data quantity to 1 GB per day per user, following which the speed will be reduced to 128 Kbps. This step has been taken to ensure that all the Jio users get superior data experience. Attractive tariff options have been offered for subscribers wishing to consume additional data beyond 1 GB per day at regular speed as part of the JNO.

Jio is introducing a completely digital recharge and billing experience. Subscribers will have an opportunity to familiarise themselves with the digital billing experience during the JNO so that no customer ever faces an issue during the charging phase.

Jio said that the issue of constraint of interconnection capacity from the incumbent operators had plagued the company for the first few months. While there has been an improvement in recent days following the intervention of the Government and TRAI, Jio’s subscribers have not been able to enjoy the benefits of free HD quality voice services so far, and thus the JNO would provide an opportunity to all the subscribers to experience seamless Jio services.

Shrey Kapoor is a Tech-Enthusiast, Harvard certified Cyber Security and Cyber Forensics Expert. He Founder, which is one of the India's Top Tech News Website. Even Forbes and many other renowned publishers took his articles reference. Shrey is a Technology analyst, strategic thinker and creative writer who is passionate to deliver the best, latest possible Tech-News to his followers and subscribers. He completed his masters in Artificial Intelligence & Robotics, certified in IPR, T.Q.M. & ISO 9001:2008 In Quality Management Systems.

Theme images by merrymoonmary. Powered by Blogger.